Monday, July 2, 2012

Recovering From Loss


     Last night my family and I watched the BET Music Awards.  Actually, I thought this was one of their best shows because it was not all about Hip Hop.  One moment that stands out for me is the Whitney Houston tribute that featured R& B singers but more importantly the brother and mother of Whitney Houston.  It is still very evident that the family is still dealing with their loss.
      If you  have ever lost someone or something important,  feelings of loss are very overwhelming.  It can be a very stressful time and can be dangerous if we never recover.  But this thought for today is not highlighting our losses.  It is finding our recovery.     
     What is recovery?  Recovery means
1. the act or process of recovering, esp. from sickness, a shock, or a setback; recuperation
2. restoration to a former or better condition
3. the regaining of something lost

My point is no matter what you have lost, expect recovery from your loss.  God is a God of restoration and He wants to restore you emotionally, physically, relationally and financially.  He is concerned with every area of our lives but we must put the pressure on God through His Holy Word and expect recovery in every area of our lives.  He is our Daddy!  

Joel 2:25-26
25 “So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten,
The crawling locust,
The consuming locust,
And the chewing locust,[a]
My great army which I sent among you.
26 You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied,
And praise the name of the Lord your God,
Who has dealt wondrously with you;
And My people shall never be put to shame.
Stay Encouraged!
Brother Clarence
Author and Family Strategist

No comments:

Post a Comment