Wednesday, March 27, 2013

God's Blessings "Gifts or Passions"

Proverbs  18:16
A man’s gift makes room for him,

And brings him before great men

     Steve Harvey was hosting TBN (a Christian television network show) one evening.  One  of the things he talked about was  all of the people who come up to him asking for acting jobs or a break in show business.  He shared that many waitresses  would come up to him expressing their desire to act in a movie or sing.  His response was, “ well what are you acting in or where are you  singing?”  He stated that your gift or talent is something you would do whether you were being paid for it or not.   Your gift is what will promote and cause you to prosper.  Some people were passionate about acting or singing but their gift or talent was not.
     God has blessed all of us with certain abilities and certain gifts.  The problem is we try to mirror our selves after other people instead of developing, investing, and focusing on our own individual gift and talent. What is the difference between passion and gifts?

Passion is defined as any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate. 2. strong amorous
feeling or desire; love; ardor.
Gifts are defined as a special ability
or capacity; natural endowment;

    Today, ask yourself, “ Am I using my God given talents or am I seeking my passions?’  The answer may indicate to you if you are in the will of God.  I am passionate about Alabama football but I am not getting on the field.  I am passionate about Janet Jackson but is Janet  passionate about Clarence. Not at all!  My gift is writing , encouraging, helping, and loving God’s people. 
     According to the scripture, my gift will promote me not my passions.  What are you focusing on in your life?  Gifts or passion.  The answer could be the key to your success or your exit out of the wilderness.

Brother Clarence
www.godlykings.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment