Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After

 Isaiah 61 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

    Yesterday’s thought for today was a very personal and honest look from my experience of being married.  I do know that everyone is  and does not experience the same things.  I also understand that some people appreciate my candor and transparency and others think it is too much and that is a fair assessment and  everyone is entitled to have their own opinions.
    When I share these thoughts I share from my heart and what God is dealing with me about.  Many mornings I have come in here thinking about writing one thing and once I start typing the Holy Spirit changes and leads me in a different direction.  I do not take this position lightly.
    The Word of God exposes needs. It exposes things that Christians need to work on.  It also encourages, develops, and equips HiS children  for life.  Real life.  I believe one major strategy of the enemy satan is to destroy families, especially Christian families.  For too long the church has been silent and have been quiet accessories to crimes of the heart , spirit and body. What is more important?  An image of a happy ever after or people being and becoming whole IN CHRIST.  The only way I know to do that is to expose sin.  Expose how it comes in and discover ways to get it under control.  You can never defeat something if you never acknowledge it’s there. 
     I do not know your story.  I do not know what you have been through.  I do not know who these messages will get to or affect but I do know that God is speaking and using this channel to speak to His children.  Is life only  all about an image?  A Cinderella story?  You seem to be ok but in reality your dying inside spiritually- but you look good.  You dress so nice and wear beautiful clothes but your hurting.  You smile all the time but your secretly depressed.  You hate being with your spouse intimately because you were raped or molested and never told anyone.  You walk around carrying hurt after hurt and you can’t commit to a relationship.  You really don’t trust anyone because you have never got over what happened in your childhood. You go from one man or woman to another man or woman all the time because e it is easier to do than to face what  really  is your problem.  Your secretly having affairs and you are married and no longer desire your spouse. God sees us.  Help us Lord!!
   How long can you hide?  How long can you run?  You have swept years and years of issues under the rug.  
God wants to  really give you that “Happily Ever After.”  He wants you to enjoy life to the fullest.  God wants you to be free from past hurts and relationships.  God wants you free.  Are you going to hold on to a false image of yourself  or start developing  the Image of Christ IN You?
 Galatians 5:1  Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free,[a] and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Brother Clarence

No comments:

Post a Comment