Friday, February 28, 2014

Life Lesson: Honor

Exodus 20:12

 
12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

What is the definition of honor?

1.
high respect; esteem.  Regard with great respect. Fulfill (an obligation) or keep (an agreement).
 
There is actually 2 sides to this life lesson.  One is to honor and give respect to someone and the other side of honor is to fulfill or keep your word.  The text today is a very quotable scripture.  We learn it in Sunday school, vacation bible school and from our Pastors and teachers.  I've heard this scripture all my life as one of the first promises for you to have long life by honoring your parents.  However, we don't focus on honoring our word and commitments as much.
 
This life lesson is one I had to learn to do .Early on,  I would keep my word if I wanted to keep my word.  If I changed my mind , I just changed my mind and whoever I promised or said I would do something was just left with my decision at the time .  Life has taught me that honoring your word is also important even if  inconvenient. Our word should be our bond.  I have not perfected this life lesson but it is something I have improved on and I try very hard to keep my word. 
 
This week, I hope we all found something that we can apply to our individual lives.  We all live, work and play but while we are living take time to "Laugh, Love, Forgive, Trust and Honor"  I promise you will live a more fulfilled life and others whom you associate with daily will benefit from it.  Let these  life lessons add value to your life.  May God bless and richly keep us all!
 
Brother Clarence
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment