Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Battle Is In The Mind "Relationships"

     In Birmingham, Alabama we had a horrific crime to take place.  Five people were killed execution style. To everyone surprise, the people that were arrested for the murders were all teenagers.  In this situation, there truly are no winners because 5 people were killed and 3 young teenagers lives have been lost. How important are our relationships?
     My 13 year old son started a new school this year. All teenagers want to be liked and popular. The last month or so we have had alot conversations a about who he chooses to hang around.  He admitted some of those guys were in gangs that live in our new community. I was glad he told me because I have found myself telling him almost every week, "I don't like those boys."  I am constantly telling him to not hang around this person and that person without knowing the kids.  I just have that feeling that these kids are bad influences on him.  As a parent, I pray everyday for my son.  The Holy Spirit tells you things that you don't know. My point, parents if you feel uncomfortable about some of the friends of your children, don't ignore that warning.  Its the Holy Spirit on the inside of you alerting you that something is not right or these are people that your child should not be around. 
     Whomever you habitually hang around, will influence your behavior.  satan is not coming up to you and speaking directly in your face. satan uses people and relationships to influence you away from God and HIS way of living.  Don't be fooled. It is nothing wrong with cutting relationships off if they are not a blessing to you.  Here's a simple test you need to do with all your relationships.  Ask yourself, is this person a blessing or a curse to me?  Do they ask me to participate in things contrary to God's word?  After hanging out with this person, am I always in trouble or in the middle of some controversy? 
   
Proverbs 13:20
 "He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed."

    Christians have to be selective with our relationships.  If you want to live victoriously as a Christian, we have to monitor and control our relationships.

Please share this blog with your teens and children becasue it does matter who their friends are.  Your destiny  in life might be on the other side of that bad relationship!

Brother Clarence
Author and Family Strategist
www.godlyking.com
www.godlykings.blogspot.com
clarence@godlyking.com

Celebrating over 1,000 views on the blog.  Check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment