Monday, February 20, 2012

Thought For Today "In Everything Give Thanks"

      I was very sad to hear about the loss of Whitney Houston.  If you were like  me, I was glued to the television set watching all the interviews and trying to hear the latest information about what happened.  Then my interest shifted from shock to acceptance and  from acceptance to closure.  As I watched the funeral, I am here today reflecting on what we can learn form all of this as believers and Christians.  I became even more certain this morning as the Lord led me to this scripture of what I can learn and my position when faced with difficult and challenging moments.

1 Thessalonians 5:15-23

New King James Version (NKJV)
15 See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.

Blessing and Admonition

23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I underlined what jumped off the page for me.  In everything give thanks.  So this morning I am leaving you with the lyrics to a song that was sang by the choir at Whitney Houston's funeral.  This song was also quickened to me after a classmate of mine had an early death.  Be grateful to God who is the giver of everything good!  We might not understand.  We might have unanswered questions but the Grace of God can and will keep you. Our part is to do what it says in verse 23 to ask God to sanctify us completely so that our whole spirit, soul and body be preserves blameless at the Coming of our Lord.


I am
Grateful for the things
That you have done
Yes, I'm grateful for the vic-tories we've won
I could go on and on and on
About your works
Because I'm grateful, grateful, so grateful
Just to praise you lord
Flowing from my heart
Are the issues of my heart
It's Gratefulness


By Hezekiah Walker

Be Grateful for your Blessings and what God has done for you!

Brother Clarence
http://www.godlyking.com/
blog: http://www.godlykings.blogspot.com/

Be Grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment