Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Loving On Empty

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: But a broken spirit drieth the bones.
Proverbs 17:22

   It's always  good to laugh.  I love to be around people who don't mind sharing a good laugh.  The scripture today is not talking about laughter, it speaks of a merry heart. I can remember times in  my life where I was laughing but my heart was not merry.  I remember when my laughter was just a cover up for my pain and discontentment.  M spirit was broken from life and the shortfalls and pitfalls of life.  When I was in this state, it was good indication that I was "Loving On Empty."
    Beyonce has a song called , "Love On Top". When you listen to it, it goes on and on about how the person she loves finally put her first and she seems so happy about it. I believe as Christians, if we put our love and interest in God, He has a way of filling us up when we are down.  Life is unpredictable and sometimes not all of it is good but God has the capacity to help us through tough times if we allow Him. 
    We talked yesterday about loving out of your own need and necessity.  If we continue, we will dry up and become stagnant. We become irritated and tired and feel like we have nothing else to give.We love how we want to be loved but not how that person or persons need to be loved. It's real easy to get there too.
     How do we overcome this? We as Christians must continue to read the bible, have quiet time and listen to Christian songs that uplift your spirit and reflect on His goodness. This is how we win, this is how we refuel and that's how we make it. If you are fighting depression, fight back with God.  Remember, laughter is good but a merry heart does good like a medicine.

Brother Clarence
Author and Family Strategist
www.godlyking.com
www.godlykings.blogspot.com

    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment