Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Our True Source

  
 I was one of many Americans who watched the debate last night.  My wife left the room because I was so animated with  how I verbalized  my opinion.  At times, it angered me because I felt like one of the candidates was not honest.  My intention for this blog this morning was to talk about praying for our leaders.  This is not what God brought to my attention this morning.
     Regardless of what happens in the Presidential race, we are God's children.  President Obama or  Gov.Romney can't change that. Although we should pray for our leaders, the ultimate responsibility of our lives is ours.  We have the power and we must not get so caught up in politics that it blinds our vision.
      If our vision and trust is in  Gov. Romney or  President Obama , we are off focus because neither is our source.  I do believe one candidate is better but he is not our source.  I believe one candidate is for more Americans than the other but that candidate is not my source.  Our source of hope, inspiration, and optimism should be In the Lord Only.  He is the only one who cares about you regardless of your political beliefs or your choice of candidate for President.  God is Our True Source!
      I do believe we must take this opportunity to vote and have strong convictions about our choice but God is our Source.  The same intensity that I had watching and hollering at the TV is the same intensity I should have about God's Word and promises.  If you are more into the Presidential debate than God's Word, check yourself.  I was and God lovingly corrected me this morning.  He is (God) the candidate for everyone who accepts Christ as Lord and Savior.  God has your financial plan.  God has your healthcare plan.  God has your educational plan. God has your back! God wants to move your family forward.  The question is, "Are you going forward with God  in 2012?"

Philippians 4:6-8;19
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Brother Clarence
www.godlyking.com
www.godlykings.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment