Monday, October 15, 2012

The Great Invitation

Isaiah 55:7-8

     "Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him: and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

     One of the best things about being a Christian is that God gives us all an opportunity to return back to Him.  There have been many times I left God in some way.  There were times I did  not trust Him.   There were times I did the opposite of what His word instructs me to do.  Thee were times when the Holy Spirit would be telling me something and I would ignore His voice.  There are times I did not tithe because of bills or circumstances.  No matter how you look at it, I left God.  My state of mind was not trusting in God.
     The text this morning is clear.  If you have gone away from God, his way or his calling for your life, this is an invitation for you to return back to Him.  I thank God for his mercy!  I thank God for his grace! I thank God for giving us chance after chance.  I thank God for repentance!  The scripture tells us that if we return to Him he will have mercy and abundantly pardon us.
     Our state of mind has to believe this.  If we are living in the flesh, we will need forgiveness  and God's mercy because none of us  are perfect and none of us are without sin.  It doesn't matter what you have done or if you are in sin right now.  The great invitation is here for you and me....Return back to God because He never left you and is waiting on His child to come back to Him.

Brother Clarence
www.godlyking.com
www.godlykings.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment