Monday, May 12, 2014

Prayer for Our City, Leaders, Officers, and Citizens

James 5:16
Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much

     This weekend our city suffered more senseless acts of violence.  Unfortunately, it has been happening and will continue to happen around us.  The issue I am really disturbed about is the blatant disregard for life.  Life is a gift and we all should  all appreciate the time we have here on this earth.

     Nothing will change if we don't.  People of God it is time to pray specifically for our city, leaders, officers and fellow neighbors.  The Christian community needs to intercede in prayer.  I believe the scriptures. "The effective, fervent prayer of the righteous avails much."

     I believe that we should pray for our city.  I believe we should pray for our leaders.  I believe we should pray for our officers.  I believe we should pray for our communities, neighbors, friends and families.  It is our responsibility!   No one else will do it if we don't .
     This is not the time to be in fear.  This is not the time to start acting afraid and timid.  This is the time to boldly approach the Throne of God in petition of where we work, live and play.  I refuse to let fear take over.  We cannot let fear, crime and violence win.  We must pray!
    All I know is I feel the unction to pray.  I know that prayer is our way of inviting God into our situations and life.  I know that prayer works and  changes things.  I know that we must walk by faith and nor by sight. 
     This week, lets take our morning thoughts, lunch breaks and pray all week. 
                                  
Today 

I am asking all of God's people who are at City Hall to meet me in prayer in the break room on the ground floor of City Hall  at 11:00 am today to pray and intercede for our city, our leaders, officers  and  citizens.  Let's pray together and bind the forces of evil today and loose God's Protection, provision, and deliverance over this City today!
    If you are not at City Hall , get with your co workers of faith and pray with us today at 11:00 am wherever you are. If you cannot take your break at this time, please pray at your desk or wherever you can. We are not trying to stop all work activities but to pray when you can.(Check with your supervisors if this is not your scheduled break time)  Saints it's time to pray!  

                                                  Prayer For City ( For those who can make it)
                                                  11:00 am Ground Floor Break room (City Hall) and anywhere else


Brother Clarence
www.godlykings.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment