Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I was told I was like this.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child but when I became a man, I put away childish things."
 1Corinthians 13:11

     Have you ever been told, you are just like your daddy or mother and you realize that they did not say that as a compliment?  Or have been told,  you ain't never going to be nothing!  Alot of us have been told so many bad things that after hearing them time after time we began to believe what people say about us. We begin to act like who they said we resemble and we justify our behavior by accepting what they said and nurture negative behavior as who we really are.
    All of us have been told something negative about ourselves by friends, family members or peers. My question is, "Did you believe them?" If you believed them, do you believe them now?
     Okay, I did believe some of the things I was told.  I did do some of the things they said I would do but I grew up and my thought process changed. The scripture today speaks of maturing.  It encourages us to not be  in the same mindset we were as children. Not  anything deep this morning just a simple truth.  Growing up is good but growing into the nature of Christ is better.
     When we are born into the family of God by accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we inherit the Nature and likeness of Christ.
 When we are born into this world, (your birthday) we inherited the nature of satan because of the fall of Adam and Eve. It is up to us to nourish the Nature of Christ or nurture the nature of satan.

5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me. Psalm 51:5


      We have a choice. You don't have to be like your daddy or mother unless you want too.  We are free moral agents. WE HAVE A CHOICE.  Sometimes its difficult to overcome this because we are like our parents.   Iniquities (generational sins passed down)  in some cases have never been  dealt with.  Have you ever seen a family where all the girls get pregnant out of wedlock?  Have you ever seen a family where all the men are whores?  Have you ever seen a family where all the men have lives in and out of jail?  Have you seen a family where everybody had or has substance abuse issues? These are examples of sin iniquities that run wild in our family history.
     Good news!  If you are born again, iniquities don't have to rule you or your seed.  The blood of Jesus redeemed you from the curse of the law. (Galatians 3:13)  Jesus did everything for you to walk in victory over sin, sins stronghold, iniquities or whatever that may have you bound.  The question is, "Is being born again enough to walk free from sin and iniquities and stay free?"  I'll answer that question tomorrow.  Stay Tuned!
   

Brother Clarence Threatt
email: clarence@godlyking.com
website: www.godlyking.com
blog: www.godlykings.blogspot.com





    

No comments:

Post a Comment